MEETING OF THE
NORTHLAKE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Regular Board Meeting, October 20, 2016
- Call to order, roll call.
- Approval of the Agenda.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Public Hearing of September 15, 2016.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of September 15, 2016.
- Acceptance of the Library Fund Profit and Loss Report of September 30, 2016.
- Acceptance of the Bills Paid (in the amount of $30,334.25- September-October 2016) Report /Payable (in the amount of $24,613.48) Report for October 20, 2016.
- Acceptance of Statistical Circulation and Acquisitions Report for September 2016.
- Librarians’ Reports for September-October 2016: Building Issues, Friends of the Library, Personnel, Safety Committee, Legal Calendar.
- President’s Report
- Vice President’s Report
- Review and Adopt Policy Revisions – Personnel Policy, Social Media (Action)
- Accept Financial Audit for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2016 (Action)
- Approve Estimate amount of Property Tax Revenue that must be raised for 2016 Levy (Action)
- Adopt Ordinance #16-573: An Ordinance Levying and Assessing Taxes for 2016. (Action)
- Adopt Resolution #16-10: A Resolution to Comply with the Government Travel Expenses Control Act (Action)
- Review FY 2017 Per Capita Grant Requirements, including review of Chapter 6, “Access”, of Serving Our Public 3.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries, 2014. (Action)
- Authorize Director to Accept Proposed Insurance Levels for 2017. (Action)
- Approve Special Staff Considerations. (Action)
- Approve Closing the Library for Staff In-service Day, January 13, 2017. (Action)
- Approve Library Closing Dates for 2017. (Action)
- Accept Trustee Resignation as proposed. (Action)
- Executive Session: 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(1): The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee or against legal counsel to determine its validity. (Action)
Members of the public are invited to speak to the board. Comments are to be limited to three minutes or less. Due to open meetings act restrictions, actions may not be taken on items not already on the agenda, but action may be deferred to a later board meeting.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2016.
The Northlake Public Library District is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any individuals who plan to attend and/or participate in the meeting and who require certain accommodations are requested to phone the Director at (708) 562-2301, x 11, at least five working days prior to the meeting. Thank you.
Originally POSTED: 5:00 p.m., October 18, 2016