MEETING OF THE
NORTHLAKE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Regular Board Meeting, August 17, 2017
- Call to order, roll call.
- Approval of the Agenda.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of June 15, 2017.
- Acceptance of the Library Fund Profit and Loss Report of June 30, 2017 and July 31, 2017.
- Acceptance of the Bills Paid (in the amount of $72,458.08, June – August 2017) Report /Payable (in the amount of $21,803.91) Report for August 17, 2017.
- Librarians’ Reports for June – August 2017: Building problems and solutions, Financial Audit, Kid’s Cafe Lunch Program, Library 60th Birthday Celebration, Marketing, New Services, Outreach, Staff Changes, TIF Meeting, Legal Calendar
- President’s Report
- Vice President’s Report
- Required State FOIA Trustee Training (Informational)
- Board Orientation (Informational)
- Review and Adopt Policy Revisions – Personnel Policy, Board Regulations (Action)
- Circ Department Presentation (Informational)
- Schedule Audit of Secretary’s Minutes (Action)
- Per Capita Grant Requirements (Informational)
- Approve State Annual Report (IPLAR). FY 2016-17 (Action)
- Adopt Tentative Budget Projections of the Northlake Public Library District for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2017 and ending June 30, 2018. (Action)
- Set Date for Budget and Appropriations Public Hearing. (Action)
- Updated Job Descriptions. (Action)
- Mission Statement. (Action)
- Executive Session: 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(1): The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee or against legal counsel to determine its validity. (Action)
Members of the public are invited to speak to the board. Comments are to be limited to three minutes or less. Due to open meetings act restrictions, actions may not be taken on items not already on the agenda, but action may be deferred to a later board meeting.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for September 21, 2017.
The Northlake Public Library District is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any individuals who plan to attend and/or participate in the meeting and who require certain accommodations are requested to phone the Director at (708) 562-2301, x 11, at least five working days prior to the meeting. Thank you.
Originally POSTED: 6:00 p.m., August 15, 2017