MEETING OF THE
NORTHLAKE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Regular Board Meeting, May 18, 2017
- Call to order, roll call.
- Approval of the Agenda.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of April 20, 2017.
- Acceptance of the Library Fund Profit and Loss Report of April 30, 2017.
- Acceptance of the Bills Paid (in the amount of $14,642.12, April- May 2017) Report /Payable (in the amount of $91,749.67) Report for May 18, 2017.
- Librarians’ Reports for April-May 2017: Building problems, Outreach, Personnel, Problem Patrons, Summer Learning Program, Summer Kid’s Cafe Lunch Program
- President’s Report
- Vice President’s Report
- Review and Adopt Policy Revisions – Personnel Policy, Board Regulations (Action)
- Swearing in of Trustees (Action)
- Former Trustee Recognition (Action)
- Board Reorganization – Election of Board Officers (Action)
- Introduction of Departmental Staff (Informational)
- Update Trustee Information (Informational)
- Required State FOIA Trustee Training (Informational)
- Approve Board Meeting Schedule for FY 2017-18 (Action)
- Library Legal Calendar (Informational)
- Appoint FY 2017-19 Check Signers (Action)
- Executive Session: 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(1): The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee or against legal counsel to determine its validity. (Action)
Members of the public are invited to speak to the board. Comments are to be limited to three minutes or less. Due to open meetings act restrictions, actions may not be taken on items not already on the agenda, but action may be deferred to a later board meeting.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for June 15, 2017.
The Northlake Public Library District is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any individuals who plan to attend and/or participate in the meeting and who require certain accommodations are requested to phone the Director at (708) 562-2301, x 11, at least five working days prior to the meeting. Thank you.
Originally POSTED: 5:30 p.m., May 16, 2017