MEETING OF THE
NORTHLAKE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Regular Board Meeting, October 19, 2017
- Call to order, roll call.
- Approval of the Agenda.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of September 21, 2017.
- Acceptance of the Library Fund Profit and Loss Report of September 30, 2017.
- Acceptance of the Bills Paid (in the amount of $28,224.91, September-October 2017) Report /Payable (in the amount of $25,177.98) Report for October 19, 2017.
- Librarians’ Reports for September-October 2017: Building problems and solutions, Copier/Printer, Financial Audit, Friends of the Library, Insurance Workshops, Staff Changes, Safety Webinars, Library of Things
- President’s Report
- Vice President’s Report
- Required State FOIA Trustee Training (Informational)
- Board Orientation – Financial Matters Presentation (Informational)
- Review and Adopt Policy Revisions – Personnel Policy, Board Regulations (Action)
- Updated Job Descriptions. (Action)
- Per Capita Grant Requirements – Disaster Webinar, Safety Chapter, ISL Literacy Program (Informational)
- Youth Services Department Presentation (Informational)
- Approve Public Hearing Date and Black Box Notice for Levy (Action)
- Approve Closing the library for Staff In-Service Day, January 12, 2018 (Action)
- Approve Library Closing Dates for 2018 (Action)
- Executive Session: 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(1): The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee or against legal counsel to determine its validity. (Action)
Members of the public are invited to speak to the board. Comments are to be limited to three minutes or less. Due to open meetings act restrictions, actions may not be taken on items not already on the agenda, but action may be deferred to a later board meeting.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for November 16, 2017.
The Northlake Public Library District is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any individuals who plan to attend and/or participate in the meeting and who require certain accommodations are requested to phone the Director at (708) 562-2301, x 11, at least five working days prior to the meeting. Thank you.
Originally POSTED: 6:00 p.m., October 17, 2017